GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Evergreen oak (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/152554-evergreen-oak.html)

davholla 25-01-2007 02:30 PM

Evergreen oak

Does anyone know where in the UK you can buy QUERCUS ILEX/Holm Oak/ Evergreen Oak from ?

Either small trees or seeds. I only found :-

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/pages/default.asp which has 8 acorns for £2.58.

William Wagner 25-01-2007 08:54 PM

Evergreen oak

In article ,
davholla wrote:

Does anyone know where in the UK you can buy QUERCUS ILEX/Holm Oak/
Evergreen Oak from ?

Either small trees or seeds. I only found :-

http://tinyurl.com/yryuj2 which has 8 acorns for £2.58.

I looked about and found that is also called a truffle tree.

https://shop.gildedfork.com/cp-app.c...917&rrc=N&affl
=&cip=&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=TRUFFLETREE&cat=&cats tr=

or http://preview.tinyurl.com/2tfldw

USA $249 !

2.58 looks good in any currency . An acorn to a tree may be a great
gift for your grandchildren. Not a bad idea.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade