GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Info about this flower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/152703-info-about-flower.html)

Stefano Gusme 30-01-2007 11:04 AM

Info about this flower

Hi newsgroup!

I'm looking for the name of this beautiful flower
http://www.gusme.it/temp/20061104_141411.jpg

and this... what could it be?
http://www.gusme.it/temp/20061104_135558.jpg

both images were taken in November near Chiavenna, northern Lombardy (Italy).

thank you all and kind regards from Italy!

stefano g.

Jangchub 30-01-2007 01:27 PM

Info about this flower

The flower is one of the very many types of marigolds and the racemes
appear to be either Arondo donax or pampas grass.

told2b 30-01-2007 06:22 PM

Info about this flower

Arundo donax grows in Tuscany, on the plain near Florence.
Maybe it grows in Lombardy too.

(Stefano Gusme) wrote:
Hi newsgroup!

I'm looking for the name of this beautiful flower
http://www.gusme.it/temp/20061104_141411.jpg

and this... what could it be?
http://www.gusme.it/temp/20061104_135558.jpg

both images were taken in November near Chiavenna, northern Lombardy (Italy).

thank you all and kind regards from Italy!

stefano g.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Jangchub 30-01-2007 07:40 PM

Info about this flower

Arundo donax grows everywhere. It is a noxious weed and spreads in
huge rhizomes and is virtually impossible to get rid of without huge
equipment.

Stefano Gusme 30-01-2007 10:10 PM

Info about this flower

OK, thank you very much for your help!