Old 17-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Travis

Default blosson end rot. what is the treatment?

My Kwanza flowering cherry has what I think is blossom end rot and has for
the two years since I've had it. I don't think there is no cure but what
treatments might minimize it?

Thanks

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5

Old 18-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Pam

Travis wrote:

My Kwanza flowering cherry has what I think is blossom end rot and has for
the two years since I've had it. I don't think there is no cure but what
treatments might minimize it?

Thanks

Travis, the two most common ornamental cherry ailments in our climate are
bacterial canker or brown rot. For both conditions, dormant season spraying
with copper sulfate may help control. It is also recommended that you prune
out affected areas, going back far enough to ensure you are cutting into clean
wood. Sterilize your pruners after each cut.

HTH
pam - gardengal

[IMG] code is On

rot rot rot [email protected] Orchids 29 30-03-2006 08:56 PM
[IBC] Root Rot-TREATMENT Michael Persiano Bonsai 25 13-04-2005 02:42 AM
[IBC] Compost (was: Root Rot-TREATMENT) Jim Trahan Bonsai 1 12-04-2005 10:13 PM
Bacterial soft rot, novel treatment. Daniel Joyce Orchids 0 29-01-2004 03:10 AM
Bacterial soft rot, novel treatment. Daniel Joyce Orchids 0 29-01-2004 02:27 AM