GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Seeds Freezing Outside (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/152767-seeds-freezing-outside.html)

Mark Anderson 01-02-2007 09:45 PM

Seeds Freezing Outside

I was kind of lazy last Fall and didn't harvest seeds from two of my
vines, Hyacinth Bean and Moonflowers. Now we're having a sub zero cold
front and I'm wondering what's going to happen to these seeds. The
morning glory seeds always seem to survive winters here but I haven't
ever let the Moonflower or Hyacinth Bean seeds overwinter outside like
this. Does anyone know if these seeds will survive or will I have to
buy them again next Spring?

Carolyn LeCrone 01-02-2007 09:51 PM

Seeds Freezing Outside

My purple hyacinth beans survive freezing weather all to well! It's sad to
have to pull the extras up in the middle of the summer.
Carolyn
.net...