Old 17-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Kumar Varadan

Default tree stump

I cut a tree and saved 3-4, 2 feet long stumps. I want
to use them as stools to sit in the garden. Is there any
spray I have to use on them?

Old 17-04-2003, 06:08 PM
SugarChile

I don't know of any product or chemical that will stop the natural, eventual
decay of your stumps. Depending on the type of wood, and your climate, they
will still probably last a long time. It helps if you place them on a bed
of a few inches of gravel, which you can then disguise with a bit of bark
mulch. The gravel helps them sit solidly without wobbling and lets water
drain away so they are slower to rot out at the base. I would also avoid
placing them close to the house, in case they attract termites.

I've got lengths of oak that have been serving as stools for over ten years
now. They are still quite serviceable. Another way to use them is as
supports for a board bench, or stands for a flower pot.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"Kumar Varadan" wrote in message
I cut a tree and saved 3-4, 2 feet long stumps. I want
to use them as stools to sit in the garden. Is there any
spray I have to use on them?

[IMG] code is On

Apple Tree Stump Remonal Pete United Kingdom 8 30-09-2008 03:17 AM
Tree Stump Removal Alan Smith United Kingdom 8 29-09-2008 08:32 PM
tree stump removal Giggles Gardening 6 30-09-2003 04:02 AM
tree stump removal DScott Texas 18 12-09-2003 02:02 PM
How to kill a tree stump Scoby United Kingdom 22 26-08-2003 11:12 PM