GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Do you see a garden or boat in my yard? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/153855-do-you-see-garden-boat-my-yard.html)

Doug Kanter[_4_] 05-02-2007 08:25 PM

Do you see a garden or boat in my yard?

187 Willowen Dr

Rochester, NY 14609-3233

(585) 467-3339

http://i5.tinypic.com/4gjb6dv.jpg

Nope! Yet I'm an expert on both! (well as much of an expert as can be
expected from a stock boy)

Stanley Barthfarkle 05-02-2007 09:21 PM

Do you see a garden or boat in my yard?

Hi Lane,

I hope someone finds out where you live and posts it for all to see. Cheers.

Bill Kearney 06-02-2007 04:25 PM

Do you see a garden or boat in my yard?

Do you see a garden or boat in my yard?

Better yet:
http://www.google.com/maps?q=187+Wil...i=map&ct=title

Or in 3D:
http://local.live.com/?v=2&sp=Point....%2520States___

Of course, there's no guarantee the pushpin maps to the actual physical
address. Plenty of times I've seen suburban addresses be around a half a
block out of place. Rural addresses sometimes even as much as a half mile.

Then there's the fun part of one view being significantly older than
another. Trees come and go, seasons change, etc, between the sweeps used to
take the pictures.

It's interesting to use aerial maps of street addresses to determine
validity of a business. While there are plenty of legitimate businesses run
out of the home it's sometimes a better sign to see it actually being in a
business setting. Like not ordering something mail order from an address
that doesn't look like it matches up.