GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mystery plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/153943-mystery-plant.html)

MFLyons 08-02-2007 12:44 AM

Mystery plant

I have a plant that I was given a start of years ago by someone who called
it Rick-rack plant. I realize that is a common name often given to
Epiphyllum (Orchid cactus). However it does not look like my Epiphyllum or
any picture of one that I can find. It looks even less like Hylocereus
undatus (night-blooming cerus) which I also have. Those are the two closest
plants I can think of, and it does seem to enjoy the same conditions that
they do. It runs in my mind that I did find a proper name for it once, but
if so, I lost it.

I uploaded 3 pictures to the files area of
http://groups.google.com/group/floridagardening

Epiphyllum, Mystery plant, and Mystery plant 2. The last picture is just to
show how convoluted the leaves (or maybe they're really branches) are.

[email protected] 08-02-2007 03:16 AM

Mystery plant

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 00:44:03 GMT, "MFLyons" wrote:

I have a plant that I was given a start of years ago by someone who called
it Rick-rack plant. I realize that is a common name often given to
Epiphyllum (Orchid cactus). However it does not look like my Epiphyllum or
any picture of one that I can find. It looks even less like Hylocereus
undatus (night-blooming cerus) which I also have. Those are the two closest
plants I can think of, and it does seem to enjoy the same conditions that
they do. It runs in my mind that I did find a proper name for it once, but
if so, I lost it.

I uploaded 3 pictures to the files area of
http://groups.google.com/group/floridagardening

Epiphyllum, Mystery plant, and Mystery plant 2. The last picture is just to
show how convoluted the leaves (or maybe they're really branches) are.

Plug "Cryptocereus anthonyanus" in the search field on Google Images and see
what you think.

FragileWarrior 08-02-2007 06:24 PM

Mystery plant

wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

I think it's a Ric Rac epi and if you don't want it, I'll take it. :)

Consult this group: http://www.epiforums.com/

FragileWarrior 08-02-2007 07:21 PM

Mystery plant

FragileWarrior wrote in news:eqfpsq
:

wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

It's also called Zig Zag, too.

http://www.paghat.com/ricrac.html

MFLyons 08-02-2007 10:07 PM

Mystery plant

wrote:

[...]

If you stop by, I'll give you a start of it.

Consult this group: http://www.epiforums.com/

It's also called Zig Zag, too.

And Fishbone cactus.

http://www.paghat.com/ricrac.html