Old 18-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Bobby

Default Driveway oil stains

An old car leaked oil onto my mono-block driveway and I can get the stains
out using normal methods. Does anyone have nay advice? Cheers.

Bobby

Old 18-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Dave Liquorice

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 12:03:04 +0100, Bobby wrote:

An old car leaked oil onto my mono-block driveway and I can get the
stains out using normal methods. Does anyone have nay advice?

Do a google, probably in uk.d-i-y, I asked the same not so long ago.
Reasonable thread developed. Cheapest is washing up liquid worked in
with a stiff brush and left, rain (if we every get any) will rinse it
away.

It's certainly worked fairly well here, I was more after the removal
of surface oil than a deep stain but the stain looks to be thinner
than it was.

--
Cheers
Dave. Remove "spam" for valid email.

Old 18-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Valkyrie

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ill.network...
On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 12:03:04 +0100, Bobby wrote:

An old car leaked oil onto my mono-block driveway and I can get the
stains out using normal methods. Does anyone have nay advice?

Do a google, probably in uk.d-i-y,

I went to www.ask.com typed in "how to remove driveway stains" and got a
LOT of sites with instructions, too many to list here. Give it a try.

Val

Old 18-04-2003, 05:32 PM
JennyC

"Bobby" wrote in message
An old car leaked oil onto my mono-block driveway and I can get the

stains
out using normal methods. Does anyone have nay advice? Cheers.

Bobby

What about that hand cleaning stuff (used to be called Swarfega years
ago!)

That used to get grease and grim of wonderfully well
Jenny

Old 18-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Tim B

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/rm_driveway...390593,00.html

Old 18-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Frogleg

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:13:47 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

What about that hand cleaning stuff (used to be called Swarfega years
ago!)

That used to get grease and grim of wonderfully well

If there were really something that got the grim off, I'd buy gallons
and gallons. :-)
Old 18-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Snowfeet1

I just read the other day that you can use oven cleaner on driveway stains.
What could it hurt?
Old 18-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Valkyrie

"Snowfeet1" wrote in message
I just read the other day that you can use oven cleaner on driveway

stains.
What could it hurt?

lungs
skin
eyes
assorted furry animals
assorted feathered animals
ground water
.......................and I'm not so sure that stuff would be all that good
for the concrete either. I know some of that "harmless fertilizer" will eat
into concrete as will other assorted caustic things.

Val

Old 19-04-2003, 04:56 AM
Joseph A. Zupko

I usually grind the kitty litter into the concrete with a brick.
"Tim B" wrote in message
.. .

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/rm_driveway...HGTV_3691_1390
593,00.html

Old 19-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Jason Quick

"Bobby" wrote in message
An old car leaked oil onto my mono-block driveway and I can get the stains
out using normal methods. Does anyone have nay advice? Cheers.

You might try Coca-Cola.

First, soak up the excess stain if you haven't already with kitty litter or
oil-dry.

Then buy a two-litre bottle of Coke, pour onto stain on a nice sunny day,
with maybe a moat of oil-dry around it to contain the liquid. Scrub w/ a
good wire brush, rinse.

If need be, you can use a trisodium phosphate (TSP) scrub after, or a
substitute, to clean up any marks made by the Coke.

Jason

Old 22-04-2003, 01:56 PM
TOM KAN PA

Gumout Carburetor Cleaner! Just spray it on and blot with paper towels. I find
this is the best method I've tried.