GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   flowers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/154241-flowers.html)

tracy 18-02-2007 05:49 AM

flowers

I was wondering...what is this group all about?
Thanks!

[email protected] 18-02-2007 07:34 AM

flowers

In article
. com,
says...
I was wondering...what is this group all about?

It is exactly what it sounds like. It's about gardening.
Flowers, trees, landscaping, succulents/cacti, and (my favourite)
vegetables. Raising whatever plants you like.

There is also rec.gardens.edible which is also exactly what it
sounds like - fruits/veggies.

--
Want Privacy?
http://www.MinistryOfPrivacy.com/

David E. Ross 18-02-2007 04:21 PM

flowers

tracy wrote:
I was wondering...what is this group all about?
Thanks!

To find out about ANY newsgroup, "lurk". That means, read what messages
others are posting and what replies they receive without you posting any
messages or replies.

Do this for about a week or two. That way, you will not only learn what
is on-topic but also the group's etiquette and interpersonal dynamics.
For example, some groups want replies in a thread top-posted relative to
a quoted prior message; others want them bottom-posted; and still others
don't care. In some groups, there are cliques and factions. Some have
their resident kooks and flamers.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

JoeSpareBedroom 18-02-2007 10:38 PM

flowers

"tracy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was wondering...what is this group all about?
Thanks!

This group is about making model airplanes out of cheese. This explains the
group name, rec.gardens.

Frank 19-02-2007 12:48 PM

flowers

On Feb 18, 5:38 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"tracy" wrote in message

ups.com...

I was wondering...what is this group all about?
Thanks!

This group is about making model airplanes out of cheese. This explains the
group name, rec.gardens.

Good one, Joe, but you forgot to tell her to send group dues to you.

Frank

JohnS 22-02-2007 12:56 AM

flowers

"tracy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was wondering...what is this group all about?
Thanks!

Gardens mostly, and plants.

mleblanca 22-02-2007 06:06 AM

flowers

On Feb 21, 4:56 pm, "JohnS" wrote:
"tracy" wrote in message

ups.com...

I was wondering...what is this group all about?
Thanks!

Gardens mostly, and plants.

........and manure and seeds and weeds and wetas and
archaelogical backyard digs, and "how do I get rid of_____?"
(fill in with the name of any living thing that might infest
a garden)

Emilie
where we had Spring in our gardens, but she has tiptoed
off to Texas, and we are back to 55 degrees, snow in the
mts, and clouds and rain.