GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Looking for something but don't know it's name (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/154365-looking-something-but-dont-know-its-name.html)

Mike S. 22-02-2007 05:03 AM

Looking for something but don't know it's name

I'm trying to find the name of those little wooden fence type things
that I've seen used in flower gardens. They're about 1ft high, usually
white, made of wood or plastic that looks like wood. I think they're
either for decoration in flower gardens or perhaps to keep out small
animals. They might not have even been originally made to use in
flower gardens.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so, could you tell me what
these things are called?

mleblanca 22-02-2007 05:55 AM

On Feb 21, 9:03 pm, "Mike S." wrote:
I'm trying to find the name of those little wooden fence type things
that I've seen used in flower gardens. They're about 1ft high, usually
white, made of wood or plastic that looks like wood. I think they're
either for decoration in flower gardens or perhaps to keep out small
animals. They might not have even been originally made to use in
flower gardens.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so, could you tell me what
these things are called?

I have always referred to them/it as Decorative garden fencing........
(of the small kind that comes in sections)

Emilie

told2b 22-02-2007 06:01 AM

http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.c...7-3c543fc4aa01

Jangchub 22-02-2007 01:48 PM

Looking for something but don't know it's name

On 21 Feb 2007 21:03:32 -0800, "Mike S."
wrote:

I'm trying to find the name of those little wooden fence type things
that I've seen used in flower gardens. They're about 1ft high, usually
white, made of wood or plastic that looks like wood. I think they're
either for decoration in flower gardens or perhaps to keep out small
animals. They might not have even been originally made to use in
flower gardens.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so, could you tell me what
these things are called?

Not sure what they are called, but I always see them sold in rolls at
the box stores.

Kay Lancaster 22-02-2007 10:42 PM

Looking for something but don't know it's name

On 21 Feb 2007 21:03:32 -0800, Mike S. wrote:
Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so, could you tell me what
these things are called?

A tripping and mowing hazard? g

Try "picket fence edging", "flower bed edging", "garden edging".
I see it at just about all the chain hardware stores and big box home stores.
e.g.: http://tinyurl.com/2zbhz6 -or-
http://www.acehardware.com/category/index.jsp?ca
tegoryId=2602630&cp=2568444.2598671

JoeSpareBedroom 24-02-2007 12:29 AM

Looking for something but don't know it's name

"Mike S." wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm trying to find the name of those little wooden fence type things
that I've seen used in flower gardens. They're about 1ft high, usually
white, made of wood or plastic that looks like wood. I think they're
either for decoration in flower gardens or perhaps to keep out small
animals. They might not have even been originally made to use in
flower gardens.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so, could you tell me what
these things are called?

They're called "tacky".