GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sweet lime (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/154400-sweet-lime.html)

Persephone 23-02-2007 06:06 PM

Sweet lime

My new gardener asked me where to get "sweet lime".

I'm not familiar with that fruit.

Anybody in the LA/Santa Monica area know where
he could try?

Also: one of the Web sites I visited s aid there can be
confusion between "sweet lime" and "sweet lemon".

Anybody clarify?

Tx

Dennis Mayer 23-02-2007 10:53 PM

Sweet lime

Persephone wrote:

My new gardener asked me where to get "sweet lime".

I'm not familiar with that fruit.

Anybody in the LA/Santa Monica area know where
he could try?

Also: one of the Web sites I visited s aid there can be
confusion between "sweet lime" and "sweet lemon".

Anybody clarify?

Tx

I believe your sweet lime is finely powdered lime used in cement
mixing & farming.

It is dirt cheap at $3 per 30 Lbs. It is used in Gardens to change
the PH

in the alkali direction. You can buy it at your local Fleet Farm
store in WI.

mleblanca 24-02-2007 02:28 AM

Sweet lime

On Feb 23, 10:06 am, Persephone wrote:
My new gardener asked me where to get "sweet lime".

I'm not familiar with that fruit.

There is a sweet lime called Palestine Lime, or Indian Lime

Anybody in the LA/Santa Monica area know where
he could try?

sorry I'm in Nor Cal

Also: one of the Web sites I visited s aid there can be
confusion between "sweet lime" and "sweet lemon".

Anybody clarify?

no. Sorry

Tx

Emilie
NorCal

FragileWarrior 25-02-2007 06:36 PM

Sweet lime

On Feb 23, 10:06 am, Persephone wrote:
My new gardener asked me where to get "sweet lime".

What does he want to do with it? Eat it or bury a body?