GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What to plant on a narrow sliver of space? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/154437-what-plant-narrow-sliver-space.html)

miamicuse 24-02-2007 02:13 AM

What to plant on a narrow sliver of space?

Hi I have a semi circular driveway and next to it is the sidewalk. This is
what it looks like:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/IMG_0135.jpg

The widest spot in the middle is about 18" wide. Any suggestions as to what
I should do there? Should I plant something? or should I dig up the soil
and then level it with concrete and put it out of it's misery?

Location is zone 10b, Miami, Florida.

MC

scfundogs 24-02-2007 02:36 AM

On 2007-02-23 21:13:31 -0500, "MiamiCuse" said:

Hi I have a semi circular driveway and next to it is the sidewalk. This is
what it looks like:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/IMG_0135.jpg

The widest spot in the middle is about 18" wide. Any suggestions as to what
I should do there? Should I plant something? or should I dig up the soil
and then level it with concrete and put it out of it's misery?

Location is zone 10b, Miami, Florida.

MC

If it were me, that space would be lush with monkey grass. Its pretty,
maintenance free and fills in nicely.
--
Tara

Jangchub 24-02-2007 03:22 AM

What to plant on a narrow sliver of space?

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:13:31 -0500, "MiamiCuse"
wrote:

Hi I have a semi circular driveway and next to it is the sidewalk. This is
what it looks like:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/IMG_0135.jpg

The widest spot in the middle is about 18" wide. Any suggestions as to what
I should do there? Should I plant something? or should I dig up the soil
and then level it with concrete and put it out of it's misery?

Location is zone 10b, Miami, Florida.

MC

Heavens no, don't cement it in! You have good conditions to grow
Phormium there. It comes in tons of colors, forms, dwarf, giant, etc.
Perfect for that size spot and upright so not to impede the driveway.

This is also known as New Zealand flax.