GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tall indoor houseplant (bamboo?) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/154816-tall-indoor-houseplant-bamboo.html)

Michael[_1_] 03-03-2007 02:20 PM

Tall indoor houseplant (bamboo?)

I just saw a magazine and it looks like a bamboo plant of some sort in the
photo.

Beautiful, sort of a light green graceful leaf.....(almost like a cannabis
leaf?). Maybe 5 or 6 feet tall.

Is there a particular type of bamboo that does well indoors...something like
what I described?....anywhere online you can get the plants?

Thanks

William Wagner 03-03-2007 03:51 PM

Tall indoor houseplant (bamboo?)

In article ,
"Michael" wrote:

I just saw a magazine and it looks like a bamboo plant of some sort in the
photo.

Beautiful, sort of a light green graceful leaf.....(almost like a cannabis
leaf?). Maybe 5 or 6 feet tall.

Is there a particular type of bamboo that does well indoors...something like
what I described?....anywhere online you can get the plants?

Thanks

I've got a Bamboo Begonia. Has red heart flowers and leaves with white
dots. In a large pot will grow 8 feet. I place them outside in the
summer. Easy to propagate.

Take a peak here.

http://www.begonias.org/greenhouse/byType.asp?CAT=cane

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Val 03-03-2007 06:53 PM

Tall indoor houseplant (bamboo?)

"Michael" wrote in message
. ..
I just saw a magazine and it looks like a bamboo plant of some sort in the
photo.

Beautiful, sort of a light green graceful leaf.....(almost like a cannabis
leaf?). Maybe 5 or 6 feet tall.

Is there a particular type of bamboo that does well indoors...something
like what I described?....anywhere online you can get the plants?

Thanks

Sounds like it is one of the false aralias....
http://pix.davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/16690/ ...part of the schefflera
family.

Val

Michael[_1_] 03-03-2007 08:51 PM

Tall indoor houseplant (bamboo?)

familiar with the false araila...it's not that, unless maybe a different
species than the popular dark green ones i've seen.

saw it in a crate and barrel catalog....maybe I can scan it and post....the
leaves are a real light green. very "wispy" and open plant.

those begonias look nice.

Michael[_1_] 03-03-2007 08:55 PM

Tall indoor houseplant (bamboo?)

After looking at some bamboo images on Google...I would say it's very
definetly a bamboo of some sort.

Just wonder what type(s) would work for indoors (a sun room).

I've got to try it.

FragileWarrior 04-03-2007 02:58 AM

Tall indoor houseplant (bamboo?)

"Michael" wrote in
:

After looking at some bamboo images on Google...I would say it's very
definetly a bamboo of some sort.

Just wonder what type(s) would work for indoors (a sun room).

I've got to try it.

You can page through this site. I don't think I ever saw any that do
good indoors but then I wasn't looking for that, either.

http://www.bamboogarden.com

told2b 04-03-2007 06:31 AM

Tall indoor houseplant (bamboo?)

On Mar 3, 9:58�pm, FragileWarrior
wrote:
"Michael" wrote m:

After looking at some bamboo images on Google...I would say it's very
definetly a bamboo of some sort.

Just wonder what type(s) would work for indoors (a sun room).

I've got to try it.

You can page through this site. *I don't think I ever saw any that do
good indoors but then I wasn't looking for that, either.

http://www.bamboogarden.com

The site you posted has them listed under:
Bamboo for the Interior

FragileWarrior 04-03-2007 01:00 PM

Tall indoor houseplant (bamboo?)

"told2b" wrote in
oups.com:

On Mar 3, 9:58�pm, FragileWarrior
wrote:
"Michael" wrote
innews:yfOdneSdnNA2fXTYnZ2dnUVZ_qarn

:

After looking at some bamboo images on Google...I would say it's
very definetly a bamboo of some sort.

Just wonder what type(s) would work for indoors (a sun room).

I've got to try it.

You can page through this site. *I don't think I ever saw any that do
good indoors but then I wasn't looking for that, either.

http://www.bamboogarden.com

The site you posted has them listed under:
Bamboo for the Interior

I guess that's why I didn't see them. :)