GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spacing of Drip Lines (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/155044-spacing-drip-lines.html)

[email protected] 10-03-2007 01:48 AM

Spacing of Drip Lines

I'm about to install drip line irrigation in my border gardens. The
borders are 5' wide and frame a lawn area. If the emitters in each
line are 18" apart, should I space parallel drip lines 18" from each
other?

-Fleemo

[email protected] 11-03-2007 06:19 AM

Spacing of Drip Lines

On Mar 10, 6:48 am, wrote:
I'm about to installdriplineirrigationin my border gardens. The
borders are 5' wide and frame a lawn area. If the emitters in each
line are 18" apart, should I space paralleldriplines 18" from each
other?

-Fleemo

If the water holding capacity of the soil is good enough then you can
use dripline at 20" also. only calculate the time needed to merge the
water from parallel drippers in to each other and you run the system
for this calculated time .

[email protected] 11-03-2007 07:28 PM

Spacing of Drip Lines

If the water holding capacity of the soil is good enough then you can
use dripline at 20" also. only calculate the time needed to merge the
water from parallel drippers in to each other and you run the system
for this calculated time .

Thanks for the input, Ananda. :)

-Fleemo