Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-03-2007, 12:50 AM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural,sci.agriculture

Default Tree Planting Advice Please

Hi - I would like to fill my 5 acres of dirt with trees. I was going
to start with seeds.
Instead of trying to plant the whole 5 acres and haul water all over
the place, what do you thing of planting everything in tight rows to
begin and then transplanting later. The rows would be wide enough for
a rototiller, but the seeds would be very close (1 or 2 feet). This
would give a manageable area to maintain until the trees are a foot
tall. Any thoughts? Thanks.