GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   sun protective clothing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/155462-sun-protective-clothing.html)

[email protected] 19-03-2007 06:47 PM

sun protective clothing

HI,

I have been buying sun protective clothing for my children for 6 years
now and I have had the best results from:

www.sunsmartpr.com
www.kristyjuv.com
www.shadysun.com
www.alexandme.com

There are so many options now and these 2 have the best customer
service and selection.

I recently found www.kristyjuv.com and she has women's outfits which I
have purchased.

Stephen Henning 19-03-2007 09:24 PM

sun protective clothing

wrote:

I have been buying sun protective clothing for my children for 6 years
now and I have had the best results from:
www.sunsmartpr.com
www.kristyjuv.com
www.shadysun.com
www.alexandme.com
There are so many options now and these 2 have the best customer
service and selection.

When my wife and I were in equatorial Africa for a month when the sun
was directly overhead and we were at 5,000 ft. elevation, we used SPF
clothing. We got ours at:

http://www.llbean.com
http://www.cabellas.com
http://www.rei.com
http://www.landsend.com
http://www.columbia.com

All performed very well, fit very well, and were easy to care for. They
were all quick dry fabrics. However, most importantly they must be the
correct items:

Long sleeved shirt and blouses,
Long legged pants,
UVA and UVB protective sunglasses,
and, VERY important, a broad brimmed hat. The best hats are at:

http://www.tilley.com/

They aren't cheap but they are insured against loss, guaranteed and come
with an owners manual. Tilley has other SPF/UV certified clothing also.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://rhodyman.net

[email protected] 19-03-2007 09:47 PM

sun protective clothing

http://www.sunsmartpr.comwww.kristyj....alexandme.com

There are so many options now and these 2 have the best customer
service and selection.

I recently foundwww.kristyjuv.comand she has women's outfits which I
have purchased.

i find that the sun protective clothing at www.sunsmartpr.com was quit
helpful!! yay!!

Jangchub 19-03-2007 09:48 PM

sun protective clothing

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:24:44 -0400, Stephen Henning

[...]

What's this, double team spammers?

JoeSpareBedroom 19-03-2007 09:54 PM

sun protective clothing

"Jangchub" wrote in message
[...]

Partially. Tilley hats are amazing.

Jangchub 20-03-2007 02:26 AM

sun protective clothing

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:54:32 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

What's this, double team spammers?

Partially. Tilley hats are amazing.

Of all things, Rit Dye sells an agent you can wash your clothing in
which gives the cloth and sp 30, I believe. It lasts for up to 30
washes in the machine. I started using it a few years ago because the
medications I was on made me very photosensitive and my skin would
burn through my clothes. After I used this product I was fine.
Ordinarily I'd say this was a potential placebo effect, but sunburn is
sunburn.

Ann 20-03-2007 11:38 AM

sun protective clothing

Jangchub expounded:

What's this, double team spammers?

No, I imagine Stephen either

1) Didn't realize the OP was a spammer and took the subject seriously
or
2) Wanted to give better quality suppliers than the spammer's.

Kittery Trading Post has a line of sun-protective clothing, I can't
remember the name but LLBean also carries it. KTP is a bit cheaper.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Jangchub 20-03-2007 12:33 PM

sun protective clothing

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 07:38:51 -0400, Ann wrote:

Jangchub expounded:

What's this, double team spammers?

No, I imagine Stephen either

1) Didn't realize the OP was a spammer and took the subject seriously
or
2) Wanted to give better quality suppliers than the spammer's.

Kittery Trading Post has a line of sun-protective clothing, I can't
remember the name but LLBean also carries it. KTP is a bit cheaper.

Actually, in truth I was joking around. It didn't translate to
screen. I do think I'm going to invest in a really good hat this
year. I can NOT have sun on my face any more. I burn in the shade!

Ann 21-03-2007 12:07 PM

sun protective clothing

Jangchub expounded:

Actually, in truth I was joking around. It didn't translate to
screen. I do think I'm going to invest in a really good hat this
year. I can NOT have sun on my face any more. I burn in the shade

That Tillie hat line that someone else mentioned is really good, but I
don'tthink the brims are broad enough.. I've got several nicely
woven, broad brimmed straw hats I wear out there. I don't burn much,
but the sun on my head and in my eyes will bring on migraines
guaranteed.

JoeSpareBedroom 21-03-2007 12:25 PM

sun protective clothing

"Ann" wrote in message
Jangchub expounded:

Actually, in truth I was joking around. It didn't translate to
screen. I do think I'm going to invest in a really good hat this
year. I can NOT have sun on my face any more. I burn in the shade

That Tillie hat line that someone else mentioned is really good, but I
don'tthink the brims are broad enough.. I've got several nicely
woven, broad brimmed straw hats I wear out there. I don't burn much,
but the sun on my head and in my eyes will bring on migraines
guaranteed.

You've gotta get this monster Tilley model - it's a veritable umbrella!
http://www.tilley.com/detail.asp?cat...1&productNo=T2

Jangchub 21-03-2007 12:44 PM

sun protective clothing

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:07:09 -0400, Ann wrote:

Jangchub expounded:

Actually, in truth I was joking around. It didn't translate to
screen. I do think I'm going to invest in a really good hat this
year. I can NOT have sun on my face any more. I burn in the shade

That Tillie hat line that someone else mentioned is really good, but I
don'tthink the brims are broad enough.. I've got several nicely
woven, broad brimmed straw hats I wear out there. I don't burn much,
but the sun on my head and in my eyes will bring on migraines
guaranteed.

I have rosacea so my face gets red even without a drop of sun. It
flares up when I do anything strenuous. I also have straw hats and
they suffice, but they stick in my skin all scratchy after a spell.

The Asian market store sells the hats Asians wear when planting rice.
They are cone shaped and I may try that. It is made of bamboo.

I hate getting old. My body is decomposingggggggggggggggg.

Ann 22-03-2007 10:14 AM

sun protective clothing

"JoeSpareBedroom" expounded:

You've gotta get this monster Tilley model - it's a veritable umbrella!
http://www.tilley.com/detail.asp?cat...1&productNo=T2

It's ok, but seriously, the tightly woven straw hat I have has a
broader brim. I don't have a picture or I'd post it...

Ann 22-03-2007 10:15 AM

sun protective clothing

Jangchub expounded:

I have rosacea so my face gets red even without a drop of sun. It
flares up when I do anything strenuous. I also have straw hats and
they suffice, but they stick in my skin all scratchy after a spell.

My sister has it too, along with MS. I bought her the same hat I
have.

The Asian market store sells the hats Asians wear when planting rice.
They are cone shaped and I may try that. It is made of bamboo.

Those sound neat!

I hate getting old. My body is decomposingggggggggggggggg.

Happens to all of us, kiddo, just not always at the same rate. Getting
old is not for sissies! :o)

JoeSpareBedroom 22-03-2007 11:22 AM

sun protective clothing

"Ann" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" expounded:

You've gotta get this monster Tilley model - it's a veritable umbrella!
http://www.tilley.com/detail.asp?cat...1&productNo=T2

It's ok, but seriously, the tightly woven straw hat I have has a
broader brim. I don't have a picture or I'd post it...
--

Depends on your needs. I need ONE hat that will also keep the rain off. The
Tilley doesn't fail unless I'm in a downpour for about 3 hours. A straw hat

Jangchub 22-03-2007 12:43 PM

sun protective clothing

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 06:15:25 -0400, Ann wrote:

Happens to all of us, kiddo, just not always at the same rate. Getting
old is not for sissies! :o)

I am really starting to feel it now, though. I should give my body
time to rejuvenate after a year or chemo injections for my Hep C.
Hopefully this was the time it worked. I had the same treatment four
other times and was negative for several years to have it return.