GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Elephant Ears (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/15561-elephant-ears.html)

Jane 19-04-2003 03:32 PM

Elephant Ears

Anyone here growing elephant Ears? I put an enormous tuber in a big pot and
I'm thinking of adding a ring of Caladiums too. Does anyone know if they
will work well together and if these Ears will be ok outside in 42 degree
weather?
Jane in Maryland zone 6b

SugarChile 19-04-2003 03:56 PM

Elephant Ears

The caladium will be fine with the elephant ears; they like similar
conditions. 42 degrees is a bit too chilly, though. I don't put mine
outside at anything under 55, and they really need heat, 70's and 80's to
grow well.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA