GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Wimpy Kentucky Pole Bean Plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/15562-wimpy-kentucky-pole-bean-plants.html)

Kathy 19-04-2003 03:32 PM

Wimpy Kentucky Pole Bean Plants

Our Kentucky Pole bean plants are growing nicely, they are about 6" high now
but I think we are noticing that the leaves are a very pale green. Is this
natural or are they lacking some nutrient?

Thanks In Advance, Kathy

Ann 21-04-2003 12:44 AM

Wimpy Kentucky Pole Bean Plants

"Kathy" expounded:

Our Kentucky Pole bean plants are growing nicely, they are about 6" high now
but I think we are noticing that the leaves are a very pale green. Is this
natural or are they lacking some nutrient?

Thanks In Advance, Kathy

Where are you located, Kathy? Has it been cold there at night? Beans
prefer heat, if planted too early they'll lay around until it warms up
(frost will kill them dead).

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Kathy 21-04-2003 03:56 AM

Wimpy Kentucky Pole Bean Plants

In Southern California but we have had cool nights (high to mid 40's), also
we have had quite a bit of rain for here. I am watching them closely, they
do look alive and healthy just not a nice healthy dark green. Kathy
"Kathy" expounded: