GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First wildflower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/155797-first-wildflower.html)

Ron Hardin 24-03-2007 02:19 PM

First wildflower

I noticed, now that I'm weed-aware, that the first wildflower to poke
up in Central Ohio is coltsfoot (Mar 21) ; beating forsythia by a long
time.

It's just that some neighbor always had forsythia, so you noticed it.
--
Ron Hardin

gldancer 25-03-2007 03:56 AM

First wildflower

On Mar 24, 10:19 am, Ron Hardin wrote:
I noticed, now that I'm weed-aware, that the first wildflower to poke
up in Central Ohio is coltsfoot (Mar 21) ; beating forsythia by a long
time.

It's just that some neighbor always had forsythia, so you noticed it.
--
Ron Hardin

I've been watching the wildflowers too. got pix of dutchman's
britches, spring beauty, bloodroot. lots of violets out there,
yellow, white and violet! Ah, I love spring in the mountains!

dancing in my mind,
gloria in hemlock hollow
(only iguanas know for sure)

FragileWarrior 25-03-2007 01:08 PM

First wildflower

Ron Hardin wrote in news:46053380.27B4
@mindspring.com:

I noticed, now that I'm weed-aware, that the first wildflower to poke
up in Central Ohio is coltsfoot (Mar 21) ; beating forsythia by a long
time.

It's just that some neighbor always had forsythia, so you noticed it.

We have forsythia here and the lilacs are the first to sprout green leaves.

In my fire pit, there are pumpkin sprouts from last year's discarded Jack-
O-Lanterns coming up!

FragileWarrior 25-03-2007 01:57 PM

First wildflower

FragileWarrior wrote in
:

Ron Hardin wrote in news:46053380.27B4
@mindspring.com:

I noticed, now that I'm weed-aware, that the first wildflower to poke
up in Central Ohio is coltsfoot (Mar 21) ; beating forsythia by a
long time.

It's just that some neighbor always had forsythia, so you noticed it.

We have forsythia here and the lilacs are the first to sprout green
leaves.

In my fire pit, there are pumpkin sprouts from last year's discarded
Jack- O-Lanterns coming up!

Oops, sorry: I'm in west-central Indiana.

William Rose 25-03-2007 07:17 PM

First wildflower

In article . com,
"gldancer" wrote:

On Mar 24, 10:19 am, Ron Hardin wrote:
I noticed, now that I'm weed-aware, that the first wildflower to poke
up in Central Ohio is coltsfoot (Mar 21) ; beating forsythia by a long
time.

It's just that some neighbor always had forsythia, so you noticed it.
--
Ron Hardin

I've been watching the wildflowers too. got pix of dutchman's
britches, spring beauty, bloodroot. lots of violets out there,
yellow, white and violet! Ah, I love spring in the mountains!

dancing in my mind,
gloria in hemlock hollow
(only iguanas know for sure)

Yellow mustard flowers start our seasonal pageant of changing colors.

- Bill
Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)