GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pruning Clematis Tips (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/155892-pruning-clematis-tips.html)

Va Mom 26-03-2007 10:30 PM

Pruning Clematis Tips

How do I know how or when to prune my clematis? The clematis plant I have
has a bright purple flower and last season it bloomed beautiful but it only
grew halfway up the trellis. I was not sure if this was because I never
pruned it. I am also worried it won't survive in the pot I planted it in.
Does it need to be in the ground? Thanks.

symplastless 27-03-2007 03:00 AM

Pruning Clematis Tips

If yours is a vine form - If you were to prune it, I would think proper
pollarding may be something to consider.

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...ing/index.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist