Old 31-03-2007, 02:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default tobacco and coffee

being married to a smoker has certain disadvantages when one is
sensitive to pesticides... Is there a way to get tobacco seeds and
grow her some so we can control the pesticide content?

I would love come fertile coffee beans for the same basic idea... we
both like coffee, though...

Old 01-04-2007, 09:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

"BearDrummer" wrote in message
oups.com...
being married to a smoker has certain disadvantages when one is
sensitive to pesticides... Is there a way to get tobacco seeds and
grow her some so we can control the pesticide content?

growing tobacco is one thing, drying it and processing it quite another.
Google a search on growing your own. I looked in to it but decided it was a
major effort.

rob

Old 01-04-2007, 10:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 30 Mar 2007 18:00:34 -0700, "BearDrummer"
wrote:

being married to a smoker has certain disadvantages when one is
sensitive to pesticides... Is there a way to get tobacco seeds and
grow her some so we can control the pesticide content?

I would love come fertile coffee beans for the same basic idea... we
both like coffee, though...

since an extract from tobacco was used as a pesticide, but was too
dangerous for popular use, that doesn't make much sense.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

since an extract from tobacco was used as a pesticide, but was too
dangerous for popular use, that doesn't make much sense.

you'd better cite this somewhere, because I'm not finding anything on
google.
I call BS.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

http://en.mimi.hu/gardening/nicotine_sulfate.html

http://www.tifac.org.in/offer/tlbo/rep/TMS158.htm

http://davesgarden.com/terms/go/1444/