GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dahlia Tubers Planting qestion (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/156511-dahlia-tubers-planting-qestion.html)

Andrea 08-04-2007 08:35 PM

Dahlia Tubers Planting qestion

Hello All,

This is my first time on the forum, and I'm trying my hand at gardening for the first time too since buying my first home.

I naively bought tons of bulbs that indicated they requuired planting in March/April to flower in summer, with no idea how complicated gardening is !

Does anyone know about Dahlias ?

Most websites suggest planting the tubers in a horizontal position, however with my tuber this would mean that the eye would also be lying horizontally as opposed to upright.
Am I right to have planted the whole thing in an upright position, with the the tubers at the bottom and the eye pointing upwards towards the surface?

Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks : )