GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Vocabulary Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/156690-vocabulary-question.html)

Elle[_2_] 11-04-2007 11:55 PM

Vocabulary Question

My backyard has a roughly twenty foot long, roughly 3.5
feet high and two feet wide, ostensibly adobe and
brick-constructed "planter." It holds dirt so of course I
can plant flowers, tomatoes, whatever in it. Its front
(facing my living room) is decorative. That is, it's nice to
look at.

What's the proper name for this trough-like planter?

MajorOz 12-04-2007 06:54 AM

Vocabulary Question

On Apr 11, 8:21 pm, FragileWarrior
wrote:
"Elle" wrote in news:sHdTh.20517
:

My backyard has a roughly twenty foot long, roughly 3.5
feet high and two feet wide, ostensibly adobe and
brick-constructed "planter." It holds dirt so of course I
can plant flowers, tomatoes, whatever in it. Its front
(facing my living room) is decorative. That is, it's nice to
look at.

What's the proper name for this trough-like planter?

Trough? Planter?

I don't know the proper name, but, as a kid, we called it a "garden
wall"

cheers

oz

Cheryl Isaak 12-04-2007 11:28 AM

Vocabulary Question

On 4/12/07 1:54 AM, in article
, "MajorOz"

wrote:
"Elle" wrote in news:sHdTh.20517
:

My backyard has a roughly twenty foot long, roughly 3.5
feet high and two feet wide, ostensibly adobe and
brick-constructed "planter." It holds dirt so of course I
can plant flowers, tomatoes, whatever in it. Its front
(facing my living room) is decorative. That is, it's nice to
look at.

What's the proper name for this trough-like planter?

Trough? Planter?

I don't know the proper name, but, as a kid, we called it a "garden
wall"

cheers

oz

Raised bed? Terracing?

Elle[_2_] 12-04-2007 02:10 PM

Vocabulary Question

Fragile, Major, and Cheryl, Major: Thank you!

Cheryl Isaak 12-04-2007 07:34 PM

Vocabulary Question

On 4/12/07 9:10 AM, in article
et, "Elle"
wrote:

Fragile, Major, and Cheryl, Major: Thank you!

Anytime!

Johnny 12-04-2007 08:38 PM

Vocabulary Question

On Apr 11, 6:55 pm, "Elle" wrote:
My backyard has a roughly twenty foot long, roughly 3.5
feet high and two feet wide, ostensibly adobe and
brick-constructed "planter." It holds dirt so of course I
can plant flowers, tomatoes, whatever in it. Its front
(facing my living room) is decorative. That is, it's nice to
look at.

What's the proper name for this trough-like planter?

It is one variety of a raised garden bed.

symplastless 14-04-2007 11:33 AM

Vocabulary Question

If it was a log it would be called Eco-Art Nurse Log.
E.g.,
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...ecoartnl1.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.