GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Please help me find Dutch Iris (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/156720-please-help-me-find-dutch-iris.html)

Pat 12-04-2007 06:44 PM

Please help me find Dutch Iris

Years ago my mother had some Dutch Iris which looked very much like
the ones I see for sale on the internet. However, the ones that I see
have a solid "spot" on the petals. Hers had a sort of tiger effect
where you would otherwise see the solid spots. The color was a deep
blue-purple. I have been trying for about 10 years now to find some
like this and have had no luck. She left her house in the mid-70s, so
they are an older variety. Does anyone know what variety they are, or
where i can find some iris like these?

Thanking you in advance.

Pat