GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Need to buy a good string trimmer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/157083-need-buy-good-string-trimmer.html)

** Frank ** 19-04-2007 07:40 PM

Need to buy a good string trimmer

My 10 year old one won't start this morning so I'm looking far a good
reliable weed wacker. I need a good quality, perhaps a commercial one as my
needs are more than most home owners. 2 cycle or the new 4 cycle, mixing oil
is never a problem so what's the deal?

Ttroy-Bilt, Husqvarna, Makita, Tanaka, Echo, Stihl?

Cathy Boer 19-04-2007 10:57 PM

Need to buy a good string trimmer

My dad's had 2 Shindaiwas for 19 years or so - has 5 acres on a hill, lots
of blackberries. My husband's torn them apart and cleaned everything
probably for the 1st time just last fall; they're still going strong.
They're pricey, but good commercal-grade machines. Try getting one on eBay,
you could get a good deal. For the blackberries, we discovered a metal
blackberry blade; works wonders.