Old 23-04-2007, 10:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Bio-grow and hydroponics

Hi,

I'm looking at starting up something in hydroponics. Just a small
project to see how it goes. I've been reading a bit and looking at
what nutrients to buy. My "local" hydroponics supplier sell bio-grow
for hydroponics. This stuff, however, form what I can gather was
designed for soil growth, although it does say on the manufacture's
website "can be used with drip irrigation systems", which seams to
indicate suitability for hydroponics as does the manufacture's email
when I asked them about it. However, being new to this I'm still a bit
unsure mainly because what I have read say that hydroponics systems
need a special mix of nutrients that differs from the normal plant
food mix for plants in soil. If I can use this bio-grow in
hydroponics, why can't I use any old plant feed?

Does anyone have experience using this product in hydroponics? Does it
work well?

Thanks for your time.

see: http://www.biobizz.nl/menutekst.asp?...425,437&ID=437