GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What's eating my plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/157595-whats-eating-my-plants.html)

Charlie Bress 27-04-2007 02:52 PM

What's eating my plants

I am in sw Florida

Name this bug. The pictures are not to the same scale. The wing span is
about 1.5 inches. The wing color is really a very dark blue

The caterpillars are eating my Snow Bush (also called Snow in he mountain).
I believe that they are the
larvae of the bug

http://home.comcast.net/~cbress/insect.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~cbress/caterpillar.jpg

Charlie

beecrofter 28-04-2007 03:26 PM

What's eating my plants

On Apr 27, 9:52 am, "Charlie Bress" wrote:
I am in sw Florida

Name this bug. The pictures are not to the same scale. The wing span is
about 1.5 inches. The wing color is really a very dark blue

The caterpillars are eating my Snow Bush (also called Snow in he mountain).
I believe that they are the
larvae of the bug

http://home.comcast.net/~cbress/insect.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~cbress/caterpillar.jpg

Charlie

It looks like one of the spread wing skippers but it's not one us
yankees get to see, even when we visit we are trying to get over
seeing all of our houseplants as trees.