Old 30-04-2007, 12:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default NEW** NEED TREE AND DISEASE IDENT PICS ON ABPG--Arborist Advice Needed

Hello, I have 25 yr old trees put in by the builder's when they built the
houses.
I think they are Arizona Ash
They have a fungal disease they have had for the eight years I have lived
here.
I put in new St.Augustine four years ago and now it is in decline.
I was sick with worry that these trees would infect my grass and now it
appears to have happened. Two trees on either side of mine have died and
appears all trees on the block have this. Mine have been doing relatively
well (better and bigger than most on the block) and leaf out quick in Spring
and are very large, 30 ft tall...I think this is because I have been
watering well and fertilizing the grass (albeit I have used Scott's for
St.Aug which has weed killer in it so that was probably not good for them),
also when we first moved in, we put planting boxes around, which we found
out later was bad too...I never took them down because it did not appear to
have hurt them and they were diseased anyway.
NOW, I am going to remove, cut them down and get my lawn healthy again, if
that is possible. My boyfriend says they look so nice and they are so big
and provide such a huge amount of shade it is a shame to get rid of them and
suggested I find out if there is any cure for this weird leaf curl fungal
disease the trees have.
This year the brown spots appear much darker than ever before, almost
black..and there is a LOT of it this year...the last two years we have had
severe drought and water rationing so I know they are suffering a little
more than the first six years when we watered ALL the time.
IS THERE A CURE FOR THIS??
Other wise I will have to remove them.
Thank you so much for your time and help.

Rita
Garland TX 7b-8a, I think.. : )

Old 02-05-2007, 05:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 1 May 2007 22:35:48 -0500, "The Good Poster"
wrote:

Rita, see my reply to your post in ABP Gardens.

Joe
TGP

What is ABP Gardens?

Tx

[..]
Old 03-05-2007, 08:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Rita, see my reply to your post in ABP Gardens.

Joe
TGP

What is ABP Gardens?

alt.binaries.pictures.gardens