GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Coiled flourescents for seedlings (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/157757-coiled-flourescents-seedlings.html)

Giovanni Bonaventura 30-04-2007 06:30 PM

Coiled flourescents for seedlings

I thought that I would try some of the coiled flourecent bulbs as grow
lights this year. My theory was that they have a broader light
spectrum than incandescents so might work out pretty good.

Boy, am I impressed. My seedlings are healthier looking than ever
before. I may be on to something here and wanted to share
experiences.

Has anyone else tried them?

Giovanni

Persephone 30-04-2007 06:51 PM

Coiled flourescents for seedlings

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:30:43 -0400, Giovanni Bonaventura
wrote:

I thought that I would try some of the coiled flourecent bulbs as grow
lights this year. My theory was that they have a broader light
spectrum than incandescents so might work out pretty good.

Boy, am I impressed. My seedlings are healthier looking than ever
before. I may be on to something here and wanted to share
experiences.

Has anyone else tried them?

Giovanni

Povero Giovanni -