GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   plant id, please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/157934-plant-id-please.html)

[email protected] 03-05-2007 04:36 PM

plant id, please

Hello,

I have a plant whose name I can't recall - can you help me?

It's got round-ish somewhat glossy dark-green leaves that are maroon
on the underside, and it's doing well on my north side of the house.
The leafy portion is about the size of a medium hosta, but it also
gets a couple of tall yellow flowers shooting up about 2-3 feet. The
flowers are similar to black eyed susans, but nowhere near as
plentiful.

If you know what this is, feel free to email me directly!

Regards,
Lori

AlanG 03-05-2007 06:47 PM

plant id, please

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I have a plant whose name I can't recall - can you help me?

It's got round-ish somewhat glossy dark-green leaves that are maroon
on the underside, and it's doing well on my north side of the house.
The leafy portion is about the size of a medium hosta, but it also
gets a couple of tall yellow flowers shooting up about 2-3 feet. The
flowers are similar to black eyed susans, but nowhere near as
plentiful.

If you know what this is, feel free to email me directly!

Regards,
Lori

Ligularia, probably var. 'Desdemona.'

http://tinyurl.com/25hstb