Old 05-05-2007, 09:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Onion question

Bought some yellow onion sets from nursery(they were in a brown paper
lunchbag), and I was wondering A: what care they need/how long they take til
harvesting, and B: what companion plants are best for them). Any answers
would be much appreciated.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:03 AM posted to rec.gardens

I grow onions i my garden every year, and I just take them out and plant
right into the Mojave Desert soil of my garden and by fall they will have
growm, bloomed, and given me a head of seeds for plant next spring. and
besides some water and steer manura they get nothing else.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html
AD World
http://www.adworld.netfirms.com/

ink.net...

Old 06-05-2007, 04:22 AM posted to alt.buzzard.rules,rec.gardens

"Lilah Morgan" wrote in message
ink.net...
Bought some yellow onion sets from nursery(they were in a brown paper
lunchbag), and I was wondering A: what care they need/how long they take
til
harvesting, and B: what companion plants are best for them). Any answers
would be much appreciated.

On second thought,
A: just eat the damn things how they are,
B: good skunk or red hair marijuana plants
P.S. you should try smoking the onion skins, they catch you a good buzz

Old 06-05-2007, 05:20 AM posted to rec.gardens

with the totaly FAKE COPY of my address on it came from. Who ever it is is
so gutless that they can't even put their own address on it. But you can
tell its from me, the biggest point is I don't do the stupid cross posting
they do, Plus anyone near me growing MJ will find that it's covered with
weed killer making it pure poison.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:40 AM posted to rec.gardens

Well thanks for the answers from the real you then ;-)

Old 06-05-2007, 06:45 AM posted to rec.gardens

As I am a old time usenet and newsgroup reader, I keep a watchfull eye on
the newsgroups I'm on, you can never tell when someone will copy your email
and say it's their. As I am on one other newsgroup that has a real spaz
transing my postings it keeps me on the go. As it is, today I was out in my
own garden most of the time, watering my canna and iris too. at lest once a
week it needs a good amound to be put down on it. Right now I feel like I've
been run over, what with all the digging and other stuff I was doing today,
that's why sunday will be a total day of rest for me.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

haha I've been doing alot of gardening myself lately...this is everything
I've planted(mostly seeds, though some were a few weeks ago and are doing
well indoors 'til the weather stays nice, and the raspberries were bareroot
and the blackberries are cuttings we got last Thursday), and most of it in
the last 2/3 days:

11 Lavendars
2 Cherokee Wax/Yellow Bush Beans
4 Sweet Basil
4 White Lisbon Bunching Onion
2 Cayenne Peppers
7 Mammoth Sunflowers
4 Broccoli
2 Kohlrabi
3 Radishes
1 Delphinium
2 Melons
6 Bell Peppers
3 Yukon Gold Potatoes
2 Catnip
7 Raspberries
2 Birdhouse Gourds
3 Super Sweet 100 Hybrid Cherry Tomatoes
2 Straightneck Early Yellow Squash
11 Asparagus
2 Eggplants
2 Lemon Cucumbers
1 Yellow Onion(more gets planted tomorrow)
4 Thyme
3 National Pickling Cucumbers
4 Echinacea
2 Spaghetti Squash
8 Lettuce
3 Carrots
2 Beets
1 Baby's Breath
2 Kale
7 Blackberries
3 Green Beans
2 Roma Tomatoes
4 Spinach
2 Burgundy Bush Beans
4 Oregon Sugar Pod Peas
2 Large Red Cherry Tomatoes
7 Blackberries

Gonna plant more onions today and that's it. Oh me and a friend were
wondering last night what exactly category they fall into, because I don't
think they're vegetables or fruit.