GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What kind of tree and where to find? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/158569-what-kind-tree-where-find.html)

latebloomer[_2_] 14-05-2007 03:23 AM

What kind of tree and where to find?

Hi,

I'm in Portland, Oregon and relatively new to gardening. I'm
relandscaping a portion of my yard. I am looking for a very narrow
columnar evergreen. I thought this was a skyrocket juniper (email
link to photo below), but at the nursery, the skyrockets I've seen are
much fuller at the bottom and a more pyramidal shape. However, it
looks too narrow to be an Italian Cypress. Can anyone please tell me
what this tree is (or what other trees would work in a very narrow
space, and stay narrow, but get at least 10 feet+ tall?) Also, if you
know of any sources for decent size trees (I'm looking for three at
least 6') in or around the Portland area, I would really really
appreciate it! Thank you very much.
Link to tree: http://www.whstudios.com/Tree.htm