Old 23-05-2007, 05:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Any ideas on screening out my messy neighbor?

How is Confederate Jasmine superior to (say) Madagascar Jasmine, as
seen he

http://tinyurl.com/245jjh

Old 23-05-2007, 08:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

texas_gardener wrote:
How is Confederate Jasmine superior to (say) Madagascar Jasmine, as
seen he

http://tinyurl.com/245jjh

I don't know about Madagascar Jasmine, but Confederate Jasmin has
flowers and leaves along the entire length of its stem, making it really
nice as a screen.

I'm sure there are other jasmins out there that can do as well - but
when you live in the deep south, you plant Confederate Jasmin. big grin

--Yan
Old 24-05-2007, 12:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 23 May 2007 15:02:40 -0700, Pokey wrote:

There seems to be a PMS problem with some of the ladies on this
group.

You're disgusting and vulgar. Go away!

Persephone

I do want to thank all of the people that made a legitimate effort to
help. I picked up a few ideas. The picture of the trellis was very
nice and I like the idea of a vignette or small water feature.

Thanks very much,

Pokey

Old 24-05-2007, 02:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 23 May 2007 15:02:40 -0700, Pokey wrote:

There seems to be a PMS problem with some of the ladies on this
group.

I do want to thank all of the people that made a legitimate effort to
help. I picked up a few ideas. The picture of the trellis was very
nice and I like the idea of a vignette or small water feature.

Thanks very much,

Pokey

I don't get PMS any more! I'm glad you got some good ideas. This
newsgroup has been here for more than a decade and some of us, me
included have been here for over a dozen years or more. Sometimes
people "get" the humor, some not so much. I'm smiling.
Old 27-05-2007, 11:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

On May 23, 2:29 pm, CptDondo wrote:
I'm sure there are other jasmins out there that can do as well - but
when you live in the deep south, you plantConfederateJasmin. big grin

Hi Yan:

According to the brief research I did, Confederate jasmin has nothing
to do with the confederacy... Additionally, according to:

http://www.diyprojects.info/bb/sutra234695.html

jasmine is poisonous. Is this true??

Old 28-05-2007, 03:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 27 May 2007 15:21:21 -0700, texas_gardener
wrote:

On May 23, 2:29 pm, CptDondo wrote:
I'm sure there are other jasmins out there that can do as well - but
when you live in the deep south, you plantConfederateJasmin. big grin

Hi Yan:

According to the brief research I did, Confederate jasmin has nothing
to do with the confederacy... Additionally, according to:

http://www.diyprojects.info/bb/sutra234695.html

jasmine is poisonous. Is this true??

So is the foliage of tomatoes, potatoes and eggplant.
Old 28-05-2007, 04:04 AM posted to rec.gardens

On May 27, 3:21 pm, texas_gardener wrote:
On May 23, 2:29 pm, CptDondo wrote:

I'm sure there are other jasmins out there that can do as well - but
when you live in the deep south, you plantConfederateJasmin. big grin

Hi Yan:

According to the brief research I did, Confederate jasmin has nothing
to do with the confederacy... Additionally, according to:

http://www.diyprojects.info/bb/sutra234695.html

jasmine is poisonous. Is this true??

Well, yes and no.
There are many plants called "jasmine" or jessamine"

Jasmine: Jasminum many species 15 in one reference.
none listed as poisonous. Arabian jasmine is used for tea.

Night Jessamine: Cestrum nocturnum yes it is toxic

Carolina Jessamine (Jasmine) Gelsimum sempervirens,
yes it is toxic

Confederate/Star Jasmine: Tracelospermum jasminoides
I don't find any toxic listing on my cooperative extension list.

Emilie
NorCal

Old 28-05-2007, 04:10 AM posted to rec.gardens

On May 27, 3:21 pm, texas_gardener wrote:
On May 23, 2:29 pm, CptDondo wrote:

I'm sure there are other jasmins out there that can do as well - but
when you live in the deep south, you plantConfederateJasmin. big grin

Hi Yan:

According to the brief research I did, Confederate jasmin has nothing
to do with the confederacy... Additionally, according to:

http://www.diyprojects.info/bb/sutra234695.html

jasmine is poisonous. Is this true??

I forgot this

http://envhort.ucdavis.edu/ce/king

a n extensive list of poisonous/safe plants

Emilie

Old 28-05-2007, 04:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

On May 27, 8:04 pm, mleblanca wrote:
[...]

(OH bother)

That should be Trachelospermum