GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   dreaded bindweed problem! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/159157-dreaded-bindweed-problem.html)

shamrock 26-05-2007 12:22 PM

dreaded bindweed problem!

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am looking for advice/opinions on a dilema I have with my compost. I have two compost bins full with great compost ready for use from last year. unfortunatly my neighbours garden, or should I say jungle plant Bind weed have invaded the compost from ground level and have grown up through the compost in both bins. What should I do? Could I use a Glyphosate weed killer on the compost heap including the bind weed? or do I have to bin the whole lot of compost?

This will be an on going problem as bind weed and brambles from next door is infultrating my garden from his all along the partitioning fence . The neighbour hasn't been in his garden to weed it since he bought the house 9 years ago and only cuts the grass perhaps two times a year if it is lucky. my garden and his are quite small being only 35ft x 65ft I am in dispair!!!
Debs