GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   plantings? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/159180-plantings.html)

readandpostrosie 26-05-2007 11:19 PM

plantings?

i would like to plant small bushes and perennials on both sides of my front
porch.
there are no rain gutters on the overhang, and these would have to "stand
up" to occasional downpour.
any suggestions?

thanks,
rosie

Manelli Family[_2_] 27-05-2007 04:39 AM

plantings?

"readandpostrosie" wrote in message
i would like to plant small bushes and perennials on both sides of my front
porch.
there are no rain gutters on the overhang, and these would have to "stand
up" to occasional downpour.
any suggestions?

thanks,
rosie

Tough branched bushes may do OK, but plant the perennials where they wont
have to endure a dead-on hit of water.

Bill Rose 27-05-2007 06:43 AM

plantings?

In article , "Manelli Family"
wrote:

"readandpostrosie" wrote in message
i would like to plant small bushes and perennials on both sides of my front
porch.
there are no rain gutters on the overhang, and these would have to "stand
up" to occasional downpour.
any suggestions?

thanks,
rosie

Tough branched bushes may do OK, but plant the perennials where they wont
have to endure a dead-on hit of water.

Get gutters, if you can afford it. Otherwise, listen to the Manellis.

- Bill

readandpostrosie 27-05-2007 06:20 PM

plantings?

the problem with getting gutters is DOWNSPOUTS!
this particular area has no room for them.
(its a small porch)