GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What's eating my corn plants? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/159214-whats-eating-my-corn-plants.html)

Ron H 27-05-2007 08:40 PM

What's eating my corn plants?

My sweet corn is about 6" tall and something is eating the leaves. It's not
an animal, the garden is fenced and there are no tracks in the freshly
groomed soil. What insect should I be looking for?

Ron H. in West Central Wisconsin

--
This outgoing email was scanned by
Norton Antivirus Corp. Edition

-----------------
-----------------

FragileWarrior 27-05-2007 10:37 PM

What's eating my corn plants?

"Ron H" wrote in
:

My sweet corn is about 6" tall and something is eating the leaves.
It's not an animal, the garden is fenced and there are no tracks in
the freshly groomed soil. What insect should I be looking for?

Ron H. in West Central Wisconsin

What does the damage to the leaves look like? Could it be this guy?

http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/icm/2...sclbeetle.html

http://www.ent.iastate.edu/imagegal/...eafbeetle.html