GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ID Help! "fuzzy" flowers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/159311-id-help-fuzzy-flowers.html)

Gem Wit 29-05-2007 02:59 PM

ID Help! "fuzzy" flowers

My sister bought a house in Zone 6a (NW New Jersey) in Dec., and I
convinced her to NOT rip everything out until we got a chance to see
what the previous owners had planted. Good thing- she LOVES her maroon-
colored bearded irises and pussy willows! This one has me stumped
though: http://gemwit.tumblr.com/ I've never seen it before. Can you
kind folks help? (it will contribute to my garden goddess-like status
in her eyes :)

Many thanks!

---
"Seize the day and throttle it"

Stewart Robert Hinsley 29-05-2007 04:34 PM

ID Help! "fuzzy" flowers

In message . com, Gem
Wit writes
My sister bought a house in Zone 6a (NW New Jersey) in Dec., and I
convinced her to NOT rip everything out until we got a chance to see
what the previous owners had planted. Good thing- she LOVES her maroon-
colored bearded irises and pussy willows! This one has me stumped
though: http://gemwit.tumblr.com/ I've never seen it before. Can you
kind folks help? (it will contribute to my garden goddess-like status
in her eyes :)

Many thanks!

---
"Seize the day and throttle it"

Pulsatilla (Pasque Flower). Those "fuzzy" things are the fruits; you can
see a couple of the purple flowers in the middle of the picture.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

clc 31-05-2007 09:02 PM

ID Help! "fuzzy" flowers

In message . com, Gem Wit
writes
My sister bought a house in Zone 6a (NW New Jersey) in Dec., and I
convinced her to NOT rip everything out until we got a chance to see
what the previous owners had planted. Good thing- she LOVES her maroon-
colored bearded irises and pussy willows! This one has me stumped
though: http://gemwit.tumblr.com/ I've never seen it before. Can you
kind folks help? (it will contribute to my garden goddess-like status
in her eyes :)

Many thanks!

---
"Seize the day and throttle it"

Pulsatilla (Pasque Flower). Those "fuzzy" things are the fruits; you can
see a couple of the purple flowers in the middle of the picture.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Double that opinion. That's what it is.

Cheryl