Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2007, 01:46 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Gardening in Sacramento, CA

My wife and I are moving from Olympia, Washington, to Sacramento,
California, in September for a new job. In the Olympia area, we have
fairly mild temperatures since we are at sea level and a lot of rain.
So everything stays green (WA is called the Evergreen State). In
contrast, I heard that Sacramento is quite dry and gets very hot in the
summer. Besides cacti, what do you have in your gardens? Is there
strict rationing of water during the warmer months? We like to take
care of our garden in Washington. But we are wondering if it would be
better to live in a condo in Sacramento or a residential community where
garden maintenance is provided. Thanks for any information.