Old 05-06-2007, 02:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!!

Yes turkeys, over a dozen real wild turkeys!! How can I keep them off of my
newly seeded lawn area? They love to roll in the loose dirt!!!

No, a fence is not an option!
No, I don't want to fill my freezer with wild turkey meat!
No, I can't let the dog run free, it will do just as much damage!

Any ideas???

Ron H. West Central Wisconsin

--
This outgoing email was scanned by
Norton Antivirus Corp. Edition

-----------------
-----------------
Old 05-06-2007, 03:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Ron H" wrote in message
Yes turkeys, over a dozen real wild turkeys!! How can I keep them off of

my
newly seeded lawn area? They love to roll in the loose dirt!!!
No, I don't want to fill my freezer with wild turkey meat!

I do, send them my way :-)

Old 05-06-2007, 05:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

Ron H wrote:

Yes turkeys, over a dozen real wild turkeys!! How can I keep them off of my
newly seeded lawn area? They love to roll in the loose dirt!!!

No, a fence is not an option!
No, I don't want to fill my freezer with wild turkey meat!
No, I can't let the dog run free, it will do just as much damage!

Any ideas???

Ron H. West Central Wisconsin

Motion activated sprinkler.

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Old 05-06-2007, 09:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
z z is offline

On Jun 4, 8:58 pm, "Ron H" wrote:
Yes turkeys, over a dozen real wild turkeys!! How can I keep them off of my
newly seeded lawn area? They love to roll in the loose dirt!!!

No, a fence is not an option!
No, I don't want to fill my freezer with wild turkey meat!
No, I can't let the dog run free, it will do just as much damage!

Any ideas???

Ron H. West Central Wisconsin

--
This outgoing email was scanned by
Norton Antivirus Corp. Edition
and found to be virus free!

-----------------www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com- *Completion*Retention*Speed*
-----------------

Post Thanksgiving artwork with Pilgrims, etc.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article . com,
z wrote:

On Jun 4, 8:58 pm, "Ron H" wrote:
Yes turkeys, over a dozen real wild turkeys!! How can I keep them off of my
newly seeded lawn area? They love to roll in the loose dirt!!!

No, a fence is not an option!
No, I don't want to fill my freezer with wild turkey meat!
No, I can't let the dog run free, it will do just as much damage!

Any ideas???

Ron H. West Central Wisconsin

--
This outgoing email was scanned by
Norton Antivirus Corp. Edition
and found to be virus free!

-----------------www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com- *Completion*Retention*Speed*
-----------------

Post Thanksgiving artwork with Pilgrims, etc.

When the wild turkeys stroll down my garden paths everything in our
house comes to a stop. There is a scramble for cameras and someone
counts as they walk by. I consider it a sign of a healthy environment.
I still long for the Bob-white quail to move in coveys thru our wood
piles. But the absence of the Bob-white calls has be thinking about
importing some. Such a pleasant thing.

Bill who also thinks of a Turkey Head shot about Nov. 20.
I also think lawns are not desirable being real nice.

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 06-06-2007, 05:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Ron H" wrote in message
Yes turkeys, over a dozen real wild turkeys!! How can I keep them off of
my newly seeded lawn area? They love to roll in the loose dirt!!!

No, a fence is not an option!
No, I don't want to fill my freezer with wild turkey meat!
No, I can't let the dog run free, it will do just as much damage!

Any ideas???

Ron H. West Central Wisconsin

--
This outgoing email was scanned by
Norton Antivirus Corp. Edition
and found to be virus free!

This sounds like a job for the motion-detector-sprinkler.

- Billy