GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mowing surprise (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/159584-mowing-surprise.html)

~~ Shelly ~~[_2_] 05-06-2007 03:01 AM

Mowing surprise

I'd let my yard go, and finally decided to clean it up, starting with mowing
the tall grasses in the back I usually just let grow all year round. I've
had to work on it over a period of several days, and tonight was nearing the
end. Suddenly there was a loud "thwump" and I was surrounded by thousands
of tiny bits of orange and blue nerf ball. Oops!

Funny thing is, now that that area is all mowed, the bits of nerf spread
around look like tiny flowers blooming in the grass. I like it. I've
decided to leave it overnight and rake up the mess tomorrow.

At least this wasn't as bad as when I mowed over the dead bird - feathers
everywhere; or as smelly as when my husband finally found the last Easter
Egg - months later...

~~ Shelly ~~

Cheryl Isaak 05-06-2007 11:32 AM

Mowing surprise

On 6/4/07 10:01 PM, in article , "~~ Shelly ~~"
wrote:

I'd let my yard go, and finally decided to clean it up, starting with mowing
the tall grasses in the back I usually just let grow all year round. I've
had to work on it over a period of several days, and tonight was nearing the
end. Suddenly there was a loud "thwump" and I was surrounded by thousands
of tiny bits of orange and blue nerf ball. Oops!

Funny thing is, now that that area is all mowed, the bits of nerf spread
around look like tiny flowers blooming in the grass. I like it. I've
decided to leave it overnight and rake up the mess tomorrow.

At least this wasn't as bad as when I mowed over the dead bird - feathers
everywhere; or as smelly as when my husband finally found the last Easter
Egg - months later...

~~ Shelly ~~

DS will mow over things and just continue along his merry way. Requests to
go rack up the mess gets "what did I do look"