GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Startling mantis photo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/160057-startling-mantis-photo.html)

FragileWarrior 13-06-2007 02:23 PM

Startling mantis photo

If you haven't seen it yet, check out alt.binaries.pictures.gardens for a
photo of a mantis eating a hummingbird. It's not gruesome, per se, it's
just startling to see an insect eating a bird.

JoeSpareBedroom 13-06-2007 02:26 PM

Startling mantis photo

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
If you haven't seen it yet, check out alt.binaries.pictures.gardens for a
photo of a mantis eating a hummingbird. It's not gruesome, per se, it's
just startling to see an insect eating a bird.

How about posting it someplace like www.photobucket.com, so it can be seen
by those of us without binary newsgroup access?

JoeSpareBedroom 13-06-2007 03:13 PM

Startling mantis photo

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 6/13/07 9:26 AM, in article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
If you haven't seen it yet, check out alt.binaries.pictures.gardens for
photo of a mantis eating a hummingbird. It's not gruesome, per se, it's
just startling to see an insect eating a bird.

How about posting it someplace like www.photobucket.com, so it can be
seen
by those of us without binary newsgroup access?

Yes, please.

I'd also like to see a picture of a mantis eating a dog.

JoeSpareBedroom 13-06-2007 04:22 PM

Startling mantis photo

"Steve" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 13:26:49 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

How about posting it someplace like www.photobucket.com, so it can be seen
by those of us without binary newsgroup access?

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...epl2006341.jpg

Thanks!

Cheryl Isaak 13-06-2007 04:25 PM

Startling mantis photo

wrote:

How about posting it someplace like
www.photobucket.com, so it can be seen
by those of us without binary newsgroup access?

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...epl2006341.jpg

Oh my - I've seen mantises eating vertabrate prey on TV, but, still, WOW