GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plumeria advice sought (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/160154-plumeria-advice-sought.html)

Jerry Bank 15-06-2007 06:24 PM

Plumeria advice sought

I have two plumerias. One of them refuses to branch. I have beheaded it
a number of times, but each time just a single branch arises from below
the cut. Is there any way I can get anything but a tall skinny plant?

--
Jerry Bank
Trenton, New Jersey

jangchub 15-06-2007 10:33 PM

Plumeria advice sought

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 17:24:38 GMT, Jerry Bank
wrote:

I have two plumerias. One of them refuses to branch. I have beheaded it
a number of times, but each time just a single branch arises from below
the cut. Is there any way I can get anything but a tall skinny plant?

Stop beheading it and just remove the very tip of the branch you DO
have and that is where the apical dominance is, meaning there is a
hormone which is halted at the growing tip, forcing growth lower or
elsewhere on the plant for a time.