Old 25-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Registered User

Question Celosia Plume has started to dry out

I recently bought a Celosia Plume, it was bright purple when I bought it. I ran out of time to plant it the day I bought it so left it outside knowing we were due lots of rain in the next couple of days, thinking it would be ok.

When I went to plant it out, it must have been in the only part of my garden which was sheltered from the rain, and the plumes had started to dry out.

I planted it straight away watered it and gave it some plant food, hoping it would come back to life a bit. But the plumes are still looking half dried and half purple, so it is looking very dull, and the leaves are looking slightly wilted, which I thought would have perked up by now.

Is there anything I can do with it? If I dead head the flowers will more grow back? Help! Still a novice in the garden!

sadie

[IMG] code is On

dry dry dry Rosie United Kingdom 0 02-04-2004 04:21 AM
Any advice for Celosia? GSHATTERHAND Gardening 3 17-06-2003 02:20 PM
Celosia Sabaa Mundia Gardening 2 13-05-2003 01:20 AM
Plume poppy, was Help with conflicting bugbane instructions!! Ann Gardening 2 29-04-2003 07:08 PM
Looking for GIANT Celosia seeds GSHATTERHAND Gardening 1 08-03-2003 05:32 PM