Old 29-06-2007, 03:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Carpenter Bee Insect Pest Control Guide With Pictures

I helped my brother fight a carpenter bee infestation at his house in
North Florida and I took some pictures of our process. We did a lot of
research on how to control and eliminate the bees and I put up a short
guide online. Hopefully it will help some of you to control this
problem before any structural damage happens.

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/C...ide/index.html

Good luck and watch out for those aggressive male carpenter bees that
dive bomb your head.

Cheers,
Paul

Old 29-06-2007, 04:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

Paul Michaels wrote:
I helped my brother fight a carpenter bee infestation at his house in
North Florida and I took some pictures of our process. We did a lot of
research on how to control and eliminate the bees and I put up a short
guide online. Hopefully it will help some of you to control this
problem before any structural damage happens.

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/C...ide/index.html

Good luck and watch out for those aggressive male carpenter bees that
dive bomb your head.

Cheers,
Paul

Carpenter bees plus orchard bees are two of the few native pollinators
we have in North America. Honey bees are a European import. I make
carpenter bee nest blocks and hang them around the garden to lure them
into working over my plants. Plans and specifications are available on
the web.

Basically carpenter bees won't drill into painted wood in my experience.
As long as the house, shed, or other outbuilding trim, is painted and
maintained they leave them alone. With honey bee colony die offs the
native bees are a valuable contribution to gardeners. I don't recommend
killing them.

George

Old 29-06-2007, 04:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/C...t-Pest-Control...

Good luck and watch out for those aggressive male carpenter bees that
dive bomb your head.

I had a carpenter bee infestation in my first house, some forty years
ago. The first I knew about it was being dive bombed while watching
TV in my living room... I hadn't heard of carpenter bees back then. I
called the exterminator that treated for termites for the last owner.
He showed me dozens of holes in the soffits. He did the turkey baster
thing (except it looked a lot more like a medical bulb syringe) and
plugged the holes with bottle corks. A month later he returned to do
a second treatment and then whacked the corks flush with a mallet...
last I went by some 5 years ago those corks were still there.

Old 29-06-2007, 04:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jun 29, 11:33?am, George Shirley wrote:
Paul Michaels wrote:
[...]

Hmm, can you recommend a guaranteed method for ridding carpenter bees
from a house without killing them?

There are plenty of other insect pollenators besides bees, folks
simply choose not to recognize those. And hummingbirds do a terrific
job of pollenating. There are plenty of bees that don't infest
dwellings, I don't think the world will come to an end by
exterminating the relatively few bees that infest dwellings.

Old 01-07-2007, 12:10 AM posted to rec.gardens

The bes live in symplastless wood. Its a shame we kill the wonderful
associates of trees.

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"Paul Michaels" wrote in message
ups.com...
I helped my brother fight a carpenter bee infestation at his house in
North Florida and I took some pictures of our process. We did a lot of
research on how to control and eliminate the bees and I put up a short
guide online. Hopefully it will help some of you to control this
problem before any structural damage happens.

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/C...ide/index.html

Good luck and watch out for those aggressive male carpenter bees that
dive bomb your head.

Cheers,
Paul

[IMG] code is On

carpenter bee Willi_9 Garden Photos 0 02-07-2016 09:05 PM
Carpenter Bee Control Guide - w/ pictures Paul Michaels Lawns 0 29-06-2007 04:06 PM
Carpenter Bee's!!!! dyork Lawns 10 06-05-2007 04:42 AM
Carpenter bee problem t3606aw Gardening 4 09-10-2004 12:56 PM