Old 30-06-2007, 12:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
Joe Joe is offline

Default just cut part of my lawn too short

I just cut part of my lawn too short - didn't notice that my blade
length was switched to the lowest setting and now I've managed to cut
off all the green blades and am left with a lot of brown patches.
Please tell me that I didn't just kill the lawn. Should I water it to
stimulate growth or will it regrow on its own?

Old 30-06-2007, 02:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

Joe wrote:
I just cut part of my lawn too short - didn't notice that my blade
length was switched to the lowest setting and now I've managed to cut
off all the green blades and am left with a lot of brown patches.
Please tell me that I didn't just kill the lawn. Should I water it to
stimulate growth or will it regrow on its own?

in my experience, the grass as always grown back. my pops used to
always cut the grass on the lowest setting, so we went thru this alot.
He would scalp the tree roots and everything!

Rae
Old 30-06-2007, 07:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just cut part of my lawn too short - didn't notice that my blade
length was switched to the lowest setting and now I've managed to cut
off all the green blades and am left with a lot of brown patches.
Please tell me that I didn't just kill the lawn. Should I water it to
stimulate growth or will it regrow on its own?

Blade height, not blade length.

Should you "water"? Hmm. Depends. You getting alot of rain? You getting
alot of direct sunshine, not overcast alot? You in a drought area?

Oh well, leave the answer to all the soothsayers here.
Dave

Old 01-07-2007, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

Joe wrote:
I just cut part of my lawn too short - didn't notice that my blade
length was switched to the lowest setting and now I've managed to cut
off all the green blades and am left with a lot of brown patches.
Please tell me that I didn't just kill the lawn. Should I water it to
stimulate growth or will it regrow on its own?

I all depends on how much you value the grass. The ability to regrow is
inversely proportional to the value placed upon it in its present
location. Example: grass which has begun growing voluntarily in the
middle of your garden or beds is completely unkillable short of nuclear
strike but the expensive turf that you paid a fortune to put in and take
care of can be killed by a dirty look. g

Making sure that it has sufficient water certainly can't hurt.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old 01-07-2007, 12:21 AM posted to rec.gardens

John McGaw wrote in news:0uAhi.2966$ca.1160
@bignews4.bellsouth.net:

Joe wrote:
I just cut part of my lawn too short - didn't notice that my blade
length was switched to the lowest setting and now I've managed to cut
off all the green blades and am left with a lot of brown patches.
Please tell me that I didn't just kill the lawn. Should I water it to
stimulate growth or will it regrow on its own?

I all depends on how much you value the grass. The ability to regrow is
inversely proportional to the value placed upon it in its present
location. Example: grass which has begun growing voluntarily in the
middle of your garden or beds is completely unkillable short of nuclear
strike but the expensive turf that you paid a fortune to put in and take
care of can be killed by a dirty look. g

And THAT'S the truthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.