GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Green flowers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/161173-green-flowers.html)

missnaughton 03-07-2007 02:04 AM

Green flowers

Can anyone name a green flower that grows in spikes, and has blossoms
that look somewhat like foxglove? I saw them cut in an arrangement,
and I think I've seen them in a garden centre, but I can't wait till
tomorrow to find out...enquiring minds want to know!

Cheers and happy gardening
Toni from T.O.

Amos Nomore 03-07-2007 02:40 AM

Green flowers

In article .com,
missnaughton wrote:

Can anyone name a green flower that grows in spikes, and has blossoms
that look somewhat like foxglove? I saw them cut in an arrangement,
and I think I've seen them in a garden centre, but I can't wait till
tomorrow to find out...enquiring minds want to know!

Cheers and happy gardening
Toni from T.O.

Bells of Ireland!

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/84/

[email protected] 03-07-2007 09:37 AM

Green flowers

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/84/

any other suggestions on the same question? just courious...

best,

Ira

Random Link Generator:
http://www.the-pest-control.com/Spittlebugs.html

missnaughton 03-07-2007 04:48 PM

Green flowers

On Jul 2, 9:40 pm, Amos Nomore wrote:
In article .com,

missnaughton wrote:
Can anyone name a green flower that grows in spikes, and has blossoms
that look somewhat like foxglove? I saw them cut in an arrangement,
and I think I've seen them in a garden centre, but I can't wait till
tomorrow to find out...enquiring minds want to know!

Cheers and happy gardening
Toni from T.O.

Bells of Ireland!

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/84/

Thanks, Amos. That website is great! Definitely going to be a
favourite.

JoeSpareBedroom 03-07-2007 06:21 PM

Green flowers

"missnaughton" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone name a green flower that grows in spikes, and has blossoms
that look somewhat like foxglove? I saw them cut in an arrangement,
and I think I've seen them in a garden centre, but I can't wait till
tomorrow to find out...enquiring minds want to know!

Cheers and happy gardening
Toni from T.O.

Gladiolus also come in green:

http://www.dutchbulbs.com/bulbs/glad...tar/index.html

missnaughton 04-07-2007 05:00 PM

Green flowers

On Jul 3, 12:21 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"missnaughton" wrote in message

oups.com...

Can anyone name a green flower that grows in spikes, and has blossoms
that look somewhat like foxglove? I saw them cut in an arrangement,
and I think I've seen them in a garden centre, but I can't wait till
tomorrow to find out...enquiring minds want to know!

Cheers and happy gardening
Toni from T.O.

Gladiolus also come in green:

http://www.dutchbulbs.com/bulbs/glad...gladiolus/glad...

It was Bells of Ireland, definitely. But the glads are interesting.
Oh to have a sunny garden in which to grow such delights!

Toni (in the shade) from T.O.

Persephone 04-07-2007 09:23 PM

Green flowers

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:00:56 -0700, missnaughton
wrote:

On Jul 3, 12:21 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"missnaughton" wrote in message

oups.com...

Can anyone name a green flower that grows in spikes, and has blossoms
that look somewhat like foxglove? I saw them cut in an arrangement,
and I think I've seen them in a garden centre, but I can't wait till
tomorrow to find out...enquiring minds want to know!

Cheers and happy gardening
Toni from T.O.

Gladiolus also come in green:

http://www.dutchbulbs.com/bulbs/glad...gladiolus/glad...

It was Bells of Ireland, definitely. But the glads are interesting.
Oh to have a sunny garden in which to grow such delights!

Toni (in the shade) from T.O.

Euphorbia?

Persephone