Old 04-07-2007, 09:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Brown thumb needs help on planting apricot seeds.

We have an established apricot tree and greenhouse in the Bay Area. So is it
possible to take the exiting seeds and grow more trees with apricot fruits?

Old 05-07-2007, 12:29 AM posted to rec.gardens

Which Bay Area? Tampa Bay Area? Chespeake Bay Area? Galveston Bay
Area?

Old 05-07-2007, 12:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

Which Bay Area? Tampa Bay Area? Chesapeake Bay Area? Galveston Bay
Area?

Old 05-07-2007, 12:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article .com,
Simon Legree wrote:

Which Bay Area? Tampa Bay Area? Chespeake Bay Area? Galveston Bay
Area?

Your kidding, right?
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
Old 05-07-2007, 02:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Simon Legree" wrote in message
oups.com...
Which Bay Area? Tampa Bay Area? Chespeake Bay Area? Galveston Bay
Area?

Just Google "Bay Area" you'll find San Francisco.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ea&btnG=Search

If its makes any difference we are located in the Livermore, Dublin (South
Bay Area) CA.

Now this is settled, could someone offer some advice on the original request
or am I in the wrong group to ask?

Old 05-07-2007, 03:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

Frank wrote:
We have an established apricot tree and greenhouse in the Bay Area. So is it
possible to take the exiting seeds and grow more trees with apricot fruits?

Frank, I think you meant to write black thumb... brown thumb conjures
up entirely different gardening. hehe

Old 05-07-2007, 03:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

We have an established apricot tree and greenhouse in the Bay
Area. So is it possible to take the exiting seeds and grow more
trees with apricot fruits?

The taste (and fruit size, etc) of seed-grown apricots won't
necessarily match the parents.

(well, that's the general answer for most plants which are customarily
propagated by grafts and other vegetative means, I don't really know
about apricots in particular).

You can always try it.

As for getting the seeds to sprout and grow (that is, whether they
need chilling or other treatment), that too tends to vary from plant
to plant (and I don't know about apricots).

Buying a small tree is probably a safer course, but it all depends on
your preference.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"** Frank **" wrote:

"Simon Legree" wrote in message
oups.com...
Which Bay Area? Tampa Bay Area? Chespeake Bay Area? Galveston Bay
Area?

Just Google "Bay Area" you'll find San Francisco.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ea&btnG=Search

If its makes any difference we are located in the Livermore, Dublin (South
Bay Area) CA.

Now this is settled, could someone offer some advice on the original request
or am I in the wrong group to ask?

"We have an established apricot tree and greenhouse in the Bay Area. So is
it
possible to take the exiting seeds and grow more trees with apricot fruits?"

Don't get your shorts in a twist. We are supposed to be laid back.
Chill, hard in this weather but try.

http://www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org/fo...ead.php?t=8770

101 F in Santa Rosa yesterday.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"** Frank **" wrote:

[...]

Ok, thanks. "Shorts in a twist", interesting expression, never heard of it
before. Laid back and chill is good, will be over 100 today and cooking in
the greenhouse.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Sheldon" wrote in message
oups.com...
Frank wrote:
We have an established apricot tree and greenhouse in the Bay Area. So is
it
possible to take the exiting seeds and grow more trees with apricot
fruits?

Frank, I think you meant to write black thumb... brown thumb conjures
up entirely different gardening. hehe

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/brown_thumb

This is what I meant but I don't know what the difference between black and
brown thumb as I couldn't find "black thumb" in the dictionary.

Ok, I'm learning. Black thumb, brown thumb, green thumb and even "shorts in
a twist."

Old 05-07-2007, 05:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article .com,
Sheldon wrote:

Frank wrote:
We have an established apricot tree and greenhouse in the Bay Area. So is it
possible to take the exiting seeds and grow more trees with apricot fruits?

Frank, I think you meant to write black thumb... brown thumb conjures
up entirely different gardening. hehe

And this Frank, from a man who has assignations with forest pansies. hehe
Old 05-07-2007, 05:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"** Frank **" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"** Frank **" wrote:

[...]

Garden early and then head for the shade. Carp Diem.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jul 5, 12:06?pm, "** Frank **" wrote:
"Sheldon" wrote in message

oups.com...

Frank wrote:
We have an established apricot tree and greenhouse in the Bay Area. So is
it
possible to take the exiting seeds and grow more trees with apricot
fruits?

Frank, I think you meant to write black thumb... brown thumb conjures
up entirely different gardening. hehe

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/brown_thumb

This is what I meant but I don't know what the difference between black and
brown thumb as I couldn't find "black thumb" in the dictionary.

Ok, I'm learning. Black thumb, brown thumb, green thumb and even "shorts in
a twist."

This is a favorite dictionary...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=black+thumb