GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Smoke Bush, No Flowers, Unusual ?? Mutant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/161666-smoke-bush-no-flowers-unusual-mutant.html)

[email protected] 13-07-2007 06:00 PM

Smoke Bush, No Flowers, Unusual ?? Mutant?

Friday, July 13, 2007 9:50 AM Pacific

I have 3 yellow smoke bushes and 2 purple. They are all about 3-4
years old. --- The nicest one I have bares no flowers. It has a more
dense leaf content and is not leggy like the others.
Do I have a mutant or do smoke bushes have on an off years for
flowering. It didn't bloom last year either.

------------- Could I split this plant at the root and grow multiple
plants. Since it looks nicer than the other smoke bushes, would its
daughter plants have more value? ------- I have just lost a lot of
money and need income.
---------- Thanks, Earl Williams, Surrey, British Columbia