GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Insect (wasp) eating my backyard (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/161692-insect-wasp-eating-my-backyard.html)

[email protected] 14-07-2007 04:38 AM

Insect (wasp) eating my backyard

Recently , I have noticed that insects (wasps and/or bees)
inviding my asian pear at my backyard -- - Holes/cuts on
several fruits got holes or cuts on them.

Is there anything I can do to minimize this problem?

Thanks in advance,

JIMMY

sherwindu 14-07-2007 06:46 AM

Insect (wasp) eating my backyard

If you have the patience, try covering the fruit with zip lock sandwich bags.
Close
them as tightly as possible around the fruit and cut slits in the bottom for
rain water
to drain out.

Sherwin D.

JoeSpareBedroom 14-07-2007 02:28 PM

"sherwindu" wrote in message

Recently , I have noticed that insects (wasps and/or bees)
inviding my asian pear at my backyard -- - Holes/cuts on
several fruits got holes or cuts on them.

Is there anything I can do to minimize this problem?

Thanks in advance,

JIMMY

If you have the patience, try covering the fruit with zip lock sandwich
bags.
Close
them as tightly as possible around the fruit and cut slits in the bottom
for
rain water
to drain out.

Sherwin D.

Have you tried that? It seems it would cause a bit of a greenhouse effect.

[email protected] 14-07-2007 07:33 PM

Insect (wasp) eating my backyard

There are too may fruits on the tree. Putting platic bags
on them is not practical . I was hoping that there
would be some sort of chemical that I can spray
on the tree to discourage the insects.

JIMMY

wrote:
Recently , I have noticed that insects (wasps and/or bees)
inviding my asian pear at my backyard -- - Holes/cuts on
several fruits got holes or cuts on them.

Is there anything I can do to minimize this problem?

Thanks in advance,

JIMMY- Hide quoted text -

JoeSpareBedroom 14-07-2007 07:37 PM

Insect (wasp) eating my backyard

wrote in message
ps.com...
There are too may fruits on the tree. Putting platic bags
on them is not practical . I was hoping that there
would be some sort of chemical that I can spray
on the tree to discourage the insects.

JIMMY

If you tell me what state you live in, I can point you to a local
agricultural resource you can contact and get advice for free.

[email protected] 14-07-2007 10:58 PM

Insect (wasp) eating my backyard

On Jul 14, 1:37 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

There are too may fruits on the tree. Putting platic bags
on them is not practical . I was hoping that there
would be some sort of chemical that I can spray
on the tree to discourage the insects.

JIMMY

If you tell me what state you live in, I can point you to a local
agricultural resource you can contact and get advice for free.

I live in Dallas, TX area.

JIMMY

JoeSpareBedroom 15-07-2007 02:41 PM

Insect (wasp) eating my backyard

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 14, 1:37 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

There are too may fruits on the tree. Putting platic bags
on them is not practical . I was hoping that there
would be some sort of chemical that I can spray
on the tree to discourage the insects.

JIMMY

If you tell me what state you live in, I can point you to a local
agricultural resource you can contact and get advice for free.

I live in Dallas, TX area.

JIMMY

OK. Someone earlier in this discussion mentioned "tamu", an acronym you'll
understand when you click the link below. The cooperative extension
***ABSOLUTELY DOES*** offer free information for home gardeners. If you
don't spot it at first, it's because you haven't looked hard enough around
the site.

http://texasextension.tamu.edu/

One advantage to dealing with a local resource is that for ***SOME PLANT
PROBLEMS***, the timing of remedies varies with the region. You need to deal
with someone from YOUR area.