GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Green Snake (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/161812-photo-week-green-snake.html)

Jack Schmidling[_1_] 17-07-2007 01:45 PM

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Green Snake

The Green Snake is a harmless little (22-30") snake that was once fairly
common. Like so many other animals, it is becoming very rare over most
of it's range as a result of development and agriculture.

js

Cheryl Isaak 17-07-2007 02:22 PM

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Green Snake

On 7/17/07 8:45 AM, in article , "Jack
Schmidling" wrote:

The Green Snake is a harmless little (22-30") snake that was once fairly
common. Like so many other animals, it is becoming very rare over most
of it's range as a result of development and agriculture.

js

He's a sweetie. I see garter snakes just about daily and there is a HUGE
milk snake that hangs out in my neighbors compost heap.

Cheryl

Jerry Avins 17-07-2007 09:53 PM

Jack Schmidling wrote:

The Green Snake is a harmless little (22-30") snake that was once fairly
common. Like so many other animals, it is becoming very rare over most
of it's range as a result of development and agriculture.

Awww! Can I keep him if he follows me home?

Jerry
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

bthache 18-07-2007 12:01 AM

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Green Snake

Dave, that's a really cool photo!
--
Tammie
In Ontario, Canada, North of Lake Superior

"Dave Fouchey" wrote in message

Still common in these parts Jack

http://home.sc.rr.com/davefouchey/green-handfull.jpg

Dave Fouchey

Florence, SC

N34° 11' 36.40"

W79° 47' 6.85"

WA4EMR

Jo Ann 18-07-2007 09:03 PM

Schmidling" wrote:

The Green Snake is a harmless little (22-30") snake that was once fairly
common. Like so many other animals, it is becoming very rare over most
of it's range as a result of development and agriculture.

js

He's a sweetie. I see garter snakes just about daily and there is a HUGE
milk snake that hangs out in my neighbors compost heap.

Cheryl

What a pretty snake! I'd like to see one of these.

Jo Ann